Thursday, April 17, 2008

Is This Funny?

I'm going to go ahead and apologize to myself because I hated these commercials when they were out, but I have to post this in order for you to understand what I'm talking about.



The good thing about this ad campaign is that it helped me win an argument against my then girlfriend, now wife. She was trying to tell me that The Gilmore Girls was a funny TV show. Well, I won the argument because I told her that if it was funny it would be on TBS... and she totally bought it!

Now... the real reason I decided to write this post. I am currently in Attala, Alabama. I ate dinner at a Ruby Tuesdays (Ruby Tuesdays feel free to ask me to be a spokesperson or ask if you can sponsor this blog... it's okay... the worst thing that could happen is that I would say no... but that wouldn't happen) Did I mention I ate dinner at the bar... oh, I guess I could have answered that question. No, I didn't. Well, I did. While I was there this ridiculous looking guy came in... I will spare the description in case this dude reads the blog... but, he actually probably knows that I'm talking about him because there is probably only one Ruby Tuesdays in Attala. By the way, I sure do love Ruby Tuesdays (WINK!) He plopped down at the bar and said, " I want the strongest drink you have, but it has to be a stimulate. The bar tender suggested a Long Island Iced Tea, or a Margarita with a double shot of tequila. For some reason It thought this was pretty funny... TBS, what do you think... or, People of the Internet. Wouldn't a double shot of whiskey, tequila, vodka, gin, or scotch have been more appropriate? Can alcohol ever be a stimulate? Maybe I watch too many movies and don't try to drink my problems away in one big drink at a time... Well... that's not necessarily true, but that one time it was measuring cups full of boxed wine!

0 comments: