Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Matoose @ Will Hughes


I had always wanted to try one of the local restaurants in Olde Towne Daphne, AL. So my Dad took us to Will Hughes. When we walked in we were struck by the most awesome smell ever. It put me in a sort of meat haze and caused me not to be able to fully contemplate the menu. I noticed that the special for the day was ribs and assumed that that was the aroma that I detected. I was not certain that my assumption was correct so I asked the woman at the counter about the pleasant smell. I was informed it was The Matoose. This wrap consists of beef tenderloin, caramelized onions, tomatoes, bacon, cheese & mixed greens with Chipotle aioli. I swear this is the most wickedly awesome thing I have ever eaten. Now, every time that I return to Baldwin County I insist that we visit Will Hughes. I actually talk about this wrap quite a bit. It has a special place in my heart. My Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law have heard me talk about this wrap and finally were able to taste it for themselves. They saw that this was one story that I was not embellishing. For better written food entries visit Eating Vicariously Through Todd.

0 comments: