Wednesday, August 19, 2009

skreet arts

i was razed up on 'em skreets, so you know i'm bout some skreet art. they all said i wouldnt make it, but i showed em. now that i'm a boss, i read art blogs and follow my favorite skreet artists instead of hustlin. really, they aren't skreet artists, merely, artists. there's a similar confusion in the labeling of untrained artists as folk and outsider artists. they make art - period, and like senator tanker bell, "i wish i could be everywhere that people are doing oart." But, I work and try to make as much "oart" of my own, so I can't really be goin' all around watching artists work. thank the military! for this series of tubes called the internets that bring me information about some of my favorite artists working around the world. sure, they paint illegally on walls and objects surrounded by skreets, but they're artists. currently, some of my favorite artists are in attendance at the Fame Festival in italy. the Fame Festival has a blog here.

BLU, Lucy McLauchlan, and Sam3 are three of my absolute favorite people contributing to the human culture and they're all in italy working together towards a common showing for the Fame Festival. it's like the expendables of skreet art. for those of you unfamiliar with their work, you should check out some videos. i've linked to their websites but below are some videos that are really inspiring. now how about that post?!? damn, i'm the dennis miller of blogging but hyper-links allow you to actually understand my references. booyah.

BLU

MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.



Lucy McLauchlan

Beat13 / Lucy McLauchlan "Tacit" from Beat13 on Vimeo.



Sam3

OUROBOROS from sam3 on Vimeo.

0 comments: